"Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime." -- Potter Stewart (American Judge and associate justice of the US Supreme Court (1958-81)) ...
ATTORNEY-GENERAL John Rau is outraged by the MA15+ ratings on 13 violent video games released this year - and has called for tighter ratings. Mr Rau said 13 video games released this year were rated ...
The Australian Classification Review Board has upheld the MA15+ classification for all 12 of the games South Australian Attorney-General John Rau requested reviews for in November.
The South Australian Government has launched an anti-gaming awareness campaign and wants to put MA15+ ratings on games with simulated gambling. Seamus Byrne is CNET's Editor for Australia and Asia. At ...
Bohemia Interactive's DayZ has been given an MA15+ rating by the Australian Classification Board. The game was denied a classification earlier this month, when distributor Five Star Games applied for ...
Australia's R18+ classification for video games came into effect yesterday. Until Jan. 1, 2013, Australia was one of the few developed countries in the world to not have an R18+ classification for ...
Upcoming PS4 exclusive Bloodborne has been rated by the Australian board of classification ahead of its release this coming March. From Software's hack-and-slash horror title has been rated as ...
A censored version of Violition's upcoming open-world game Saints Row 4 received an MA15+ rating in Australia today, publisher Deep Silver and AIE announced. The original game was refused ...
UPDATE: Turns out this was just Battlefield 4. MCV confirmed it, good on those guys. I'm a silly person, sorry guys. My original, excited post can be found below the jump. The Australian ...
THQ Australia told us today that Saint's Row 2 has come through the OFLC's classification process with an MA15+ rating, and that no changes were made to the game to attain that rating. That's good ...